Monday, December 30, 2013

New Skills

Every job that I have ever had asked me to learn how to do something new. This new venture is the same as any other job. In the past I have learned things as from how to run a cash register to scheduling the inner workings of an office. These were all essential to being good at my job. I couldn't function in that position if I had been unable to adapt and learn these new skills.

I am learning more and more that I have to pick up more skills in order to function as a small business of one. The only catch is that I don't know all of the roles that I am going to have to fill. So every day I have to learn something new in order to keep up with everything. 

Since I have a habit of getting distracted by things, keeping all of these roles may help me to be more interested in continuing my work. Being all of these different people is much more engaging that being just an artist. I get to do art, package, public relations, finances, everything. 

I look forward to what I am going to have to learn next. It is good to know that I will never have a life that stagnates. If I just keep moving I will not fall back.

No comments:

Post a Comment